Dilmah Founder’s Anniversary Reserve Earl Grey with Honey Paired with Home Cured Salmon, Wasabi Sour Cream and Rolled Cucumber
Chaminda Roziro,Patrick Njenga Mihiu,
Tea & Food Pairing
- 10gm Wasabi powder
- 100gm Sour cream
- Salt to taste
- 50gm Pickled ginger (Japanese)
- 25gm Pickled radish (Japanese)
- 150gm Pickled cocktail onion
- 5 Nos Edible flower
- 2 Nos Medium size cucumber
- 150gm Rock salt
- 175gm Granulated sugar
- 70gm Light brown sugar
- 5gm Black peppercorns
- 10gm Coriander seeds
- 5gm Fennel seeds
- 500gm Boneless, skinless salmon fillet
- 5gm finely grated lemon zest
- 5gm finely grated lime zest
- 5gm finely grated orange zest
- 40gm finely chopped dill
- 10gm Dijon mustard paste
Ingredients for a Perfect Cup of Black Tea(Dilmah Founder’s Anniversary Reserve Earl Grey with Honey)
- Fresh cold water/spring water a deliciously fragrant gourmet tea. Strong and full bodied with natural bergamot and honey. Grown at 3,000ft above sea level
Method for Home Cured Salmon, Wasabi Sour Cream and Rolled Cucumber
- Combine salt, granulated sugar, brown sugar, peppercorns, coriander seeds, fennel seeds in a medium bowl.
- Spread half of curing mix in the centre of a foil lined rimmed baking sheet roughly the same size as the fish.
- Place fish, on curing mixture. Spread lemon zest, lime zest, and orange zest evenly over fish, cover with remaining curing mixture.
- Bring edges of foil up and over salmon cover. Chill, unwrapping and flipping fish halfway through 24 hours.
- Rinse fish and pat dry; place. Using your longest, sharpest knife cut in desired size and shape taking care to wipe down blade with a moist towel between each slice.
- Brush each cube of cured salmon on the top side with Dijon mustard and spread the chopped dill.
- Whip the sour cream along with the wasabi powder and add salt to taste
- Dry the pickle ginger slices under a heat lamp so it becomes crisp
- Slice the cucumber lengthwise to about 4 inches long and roll
- Slice the pickled radish lengthwise like the cucumber and roll
- Cut the pickled onion into half and grill till it turns golden brown
- Arrange on the plate
Method for a Perfect Cup of Black Tea(Dilmah Founder’s Anniversary Reserve Earl Grey with Honey)
- Boil the water
- Put one teabag in a pot
- Add 220 ml of hot water (900C - 1000C)
- Stir the tea after one minute
- Wait for 3-5 minutes (Do not brew for less than 3 minutes and not more than 5 minutes)
- After remove the teabag
- Pour the tea in a cup and serve
- If desired add white sugar or honey