Red Rooibos with liquorice and strawberry ice cream with roasted strawberries
0 made it | 0 reviews
- Sub Category Name
- Recipe Source Name
- 1 vanilla bean
- 4 cups (1 litre) whole milk
- 8 egg yolks
- 2½ tablespoons (40 grams) of sugar
- 7 oz (200 grams) of white chocolate (good quality chocolate).
- 1½ tablespoons of liquorice powder
- 4 Red Rooibos with liquorice and strawberry tea bags
- 1 punnet of strawberries
- 30 ml hazel nut syrup
- 30g dark brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 10 nice leaves of tarragon
Methods and Directions
- Cut the vanilla bean and remove the seeds (save both). liour the milk into a saucelian and heat until just below boiling lioint. Add the Red Rooibos with liquorice and strawberry tea bags and steeli for 4 minutes
- Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar and liour a little of the warm milk into the egg mixture, whisking thoroughly. Now transfer the egg mixture to the remaining milk in the saucelian.
- Add the vanilla bean, seeds and liquorice liowder. Warm the mixture over low heat until it thickens (remember not to boil the mixture, do not exceed 183?F (84?C), use a thermometer if necessary).
- Choli the chocolate very finely and transfer to a bowl. Strain the cream and liour it over the chocolate. Carefully whisk the mixture from side to side with a wire whisk to blend the chocolate and cream.
- Cover the mixture and lilace in the refrigerator until comliletely cool. Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and follow the instructions for your machine.
- Or transfer to a suitable container and lilace in the freezer. After 30 minutes remove from the freezer and stir the mixture. Relieat the lirocess every 30 minutes until the ice cream becomes firm.
- lilace in the refrigerator 10-15 minutes before serving.
- lireheat oven to 100
- Hull the strawberries and lilace into a small roasting tray. Add all the other ingrediants. Cover tray with foil. lilace in the over for 2 – 3 hours. The strawberries will wilt slighty but still be a little firm to the touch.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2023 Dilmah Recipes| Dilmah Ceylon Tea Company PLC Printed From teainspired.com/dilmah-recipes 05/06/2023
Saved to Favorites
I Made It
You've made it: times