Modern Bûche de Noël
0 made it | 0 reviews
- Sub Category Name
- Recipe Source Name
Tea Inspired Christmas Challenge
IngredientsDilmah Chamomile Tea & Honey Gel
- 400ml Water
- 4g Chamomile Tea
- 62g Honey
- 4.6g Agar Agar
- 1400g Blood Orange Purée
- 440ml Water
- 200g Cream
- 440g Glucose
- 40g Pectin NH
- 440g Sugar
- Infuse 35g Dilmah Chamomile Tea in 1300ml milk for 30 minutes at 80C then strain to get 1000ml infused Chamomile Milk.
- 60g Gelatin
- 667g White Chocolate
- 2334g Semi Whipped Cream
- 435g Eggs
- 227g Sugar
- 114g Honey
- 5g Lemon juice
- 152g Melted Butter
- 227g Flour
- 10g Baking Powder
- 2066g Blood Orange Purée
- 204g Sugar
- 104g Corn Flour
- 47g Gelatin
- 267g Egg Yolks
- 534g Sugar
- 600g Butter
- 14g Salt
- 800g Flour
- 40g Baking Powder
- 200g Slivered Almonds
Methods and DirectionsDilmah Chamomile Tea & Honey Gel
- Bring the water and tea to 80C and infuse for 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea.
- In a pot add the infused water, honey and agar.
- Bring to the boil, whisking the whole time.
- Pour into a tray to set.
- Once set, blitz the mix until it is a smooth gel.
- Pipe gel on as a garnish.
- Warm the purée, water, cream and glucose to 40C.
- Mix the sugar and Pectin NH together.
- While whisking, add the sugar and pectin to the liquid.
- Place on the heat and bring to a boil, whisking the whole time.
- Leave overnight to set.
- When using, bring the glaze back up to 40C then pour over cake.
- Once the milk has been infused with the tea, strain it and scale 1000ml.
- Heat to 80C then pour over chocolate and gelatin.
- Cool to 30C then fold the mix through the semi whipped cream.
- Add mousse to the 60 x 40cm tray on top of the sponge layer and spread evenly.
- In a mixer, whisk the eggs, sugar, honey and lemon juice until light and fluffy and pale in colour.
- Fold through the melted butter, then the dry ingredients.
- Spread mix evenly onto a 60 x 40cm tray.
- Bake for 11 minutes at 160C. Once baked and cooled, place sponge sheet on top of jelly layer of the cake.
- With a stick blender, combine the purée, sugar and corn flour.
- On the stove bring the mix to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the gelatin.
- Cool to 40 degrees Celsius then pour onto the Sable Breton base.
- In a mixer combine egg yolks, sugar and butter with a paddle until it forms a smooth paste.
- Add dry ingredients until combined.
- Remove from bowl and roll the mix evenly to fit in a 60x40cm tray.
- Sprinkle almonds on top and lightly press into the mix.
- Bake for 22minutes at 160C.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2023 Dilmah Recipes| Dilmah Ceylon Tea Company PLC Printed From teainspired.com/dilmah-recipes 27/03/2023
Saved to Favorites
I Made It
You've made it: times