Carrots Cooked in Dilmah Premium Ceylon Tea, Puy Lentils, Soured Sour Cream
0 made it | 0 reviews
- Sub Category Name
- Recipe Source Name
- Festivities Name
For the Carrots
- 200 ml Vegetable Stock
- 2 Dilmah Premium Ceylon Tea Bags
- 10 Dutch Carrots - tops off and cleaned
- 15 g Butter
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
For the Lentils
- 1 cup Puy Lentils
- 500 ml Vegetable Stock
- 1 Stem Celery - cut in half
- 10 Parsley Stalks - cut below the leaves
- 3 Thyme Sprigs
- 3 Rosemary Stalks
- 2 Bay Leaves
- ¼ Onion Chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic - crushed and chopped
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Lemon Zest - only grated
- 20 Parsley Leaves - chopped finely
- Big Pinch of Salt
- 1 Scoop of Sour Cream
Methods and Directions
- Wrap the thyme, rosemary, parsley and bay leaves in the 2 celery halved stems with twine.
- Wash the lentils a couple of times in running water to remove any dust, or undesirables. Put the lentils into a pot and cover with the vegetable stock. Put wrapped herbs in celery, along with the chopped onion and garlic.
- Bring to boil, lower to a simmer and scrape off the bubbly brown stuff at the top and discard it. Slowly cook away for 20-30 mins until they are nice and soft, but still holding together.
- In the meantime, bring 200 ml vegetable stock to boil and pour into a pot with the Dilmah Premium tea bags and let steep for 5 mins. Put the carrots into a frying pan with the butter and sugar, add the stock and cover with a cartouche. Slowly cook out the carrots until the liquid (except butter) has completely evaporated, and the carrots have become soft.
- With the lentils, strain the liquid, take out the celery wrap and place the lentils in a bowl. Add the vinegar lemon zest, parsley, salt and mix.
- For plating, spoon the lentils onto a serving plate, top with the carrots and spoon over the sour cream. Sprinkle some parsley over the top and finish with salt.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2023 Dilmah Recipes| Dilmah Ceylon Tea Company PLC Printed From teainspired.com/dilmah-recipes 27/03/2023
Saved to Favorites
I Made It
You've made it: times