Berry Sensation Macaron
0 made it | 0 reviews
- Sub Category Name
- Recipe Source Name
Real High Tea Australia Volume 2
- 125g icing sugar
- 125g ground almond
- 90g egg white, divided equally in two
- 3.5g food colouring
- 5g Dilmah Exceptional Berry Sensation tea
- 112g sugar
- 40ml water
- 45g egg white
- 165g sugar
- 55ml water
- 105g egg yolk
- 300g butter
- 2ml rosewater
- 350g strawberry purée
- 150g raspberry purée
- 50g sugar
- 10g pectin yellow
- 500g sugar
- 100g glucose
- 8g citric acid
- 150g ivory chocolate
- 5g red cocoa butter
Methods and DirectionsMacaron
- Prepare an Italian meringue with the 225g of sugar and the water at 118°C and 45g of egg white.
- Mix the TPT with the rest of the egg whites and the food color.
- Fold the lukewarm Italian meringue into the second mixture in two stages.
- Pipe the macaron batter on the parchment paper.
- Leave on rack until the top is dry to touch.
- Bake at 150°C for 10 minutes and cool on the rack.
- Cook sugar with water until 116°C.
- Pour the cooked sugar on the egg yolks and whip until the mixture has cooled.
- Add the butter and the flavoring.
- Sandwich two pieces of macaron with the buttercream.
- Bring the fruit purée to boil in a round-bottomed copper pan, while stirring.
- Sprinkle over the pectin mixture with 50g sugar, boil 2–3 minutes.
- Add the 500g sugar in three or four successive stages, then add the glucose.
- Cook together at 107°C to obtain 75°C brix on the refractometer.
- Then add the tartaric acid and stop the cooking process by pouring in 10g of water or alcohol.
- Check cooking on the refractometer and thermometer.
- Cook the sweetening ingredients first, as quickly as possible, frequently cleaning the edge of the pan.
- When adding the sugar, make sure the cooking temperature does not fall below 85°C to prevent the pectin gelling.
- Once cooked, you should be able to run your jelly into a mould or frame and level it off to obtain the required thickness.
- Leave the fruit jelly to rest outside the frame for 48 hours on both sides. Cut it, coat in granulated sugar and leave to rest again for 48 hours
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2023 Dilmah Recipes| Dilmah Ceylon Tea Company PLC Printed From teainspired.com/dilmah-recipes 05/06/2023
Saved to Favorites
I Made It
You've made it: times