0 made it | 0 reviews
APPLETAART remake of the dutch apple pie with Artisanal Apice Chai poached apples
- Sub Category Name
- 10 apples, Elstar or Braeburn
- 40g Artisanal Spice Chai from the Teamaker’s Private Reserve by Dilmah
- 750ml water
- 250g sugar
- 500g butter
- 500g sugar
- 10 egg yolks, beaten
- 500g flour
- 25g baking soda
- 1 bunch of seedless grapes or 100g raisins
- 200g mixed nuts (walnuts, hazelnuts, pistachio, peanuts, etcetera)
- 100g powdered sugar
- 100ml of cream (40% milkfet)
- 1 vanilla pod
Methods and Directions
- Make an infusion of the water, sugar and Artisanal Spice Chai.
- Pass through a sieve.
- Peel the apples and shape them with a ring.
- Core the apples.
- Poach them in the Spice Chai and leave to cool.
- Make dough by mixing the soft butter with the sugar, add the whisked egg yolks and fold in the flour and baking soda (previously mixed and sifted).
- Roll out with a rolling pin to a thickness of 4mm.
- Cut circles of about 40mm in diameter.
- Bake in an oven at a temperature of 170°C.
- Dry the grapes overnight in an oven at 65°C.
- Make a paste from the mixed nuts and the powdered sugar.
- Fill the apples with this paste.
- Infuse the cream with vanilla and whisk.
- Plate as shown in the picture.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2023 Dilmah Recipes| Dilmah Ceylon Tea Company PLC Printed From teainspired.com/dilmah-recipes 27/03/2023
Saved to Favorites
I Made It
You've made it: times