Apple cake with cumquat glaze
0 made it | 0 reviews
Recipe by Sarah Lewis, Victoria, Australia
- Sub Category Name
- Recipe Source Name
Real High Tea at Home Recipes
- 2 cups cream wine
- 2 tbsp cumquat, zest, julienne
- 1 cinnamon quill
- ½ cup castor sugar
- 3 bags of Dilmah Ceylon Supreme or any Dilmah Black tea
- 150g almond meal
- ¼ cup plain flour, sifted
- 150g butter, chopped, softened
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp orange marmalade
- 200ml boiling water
Methods and Directions
- Steep Dilmah tea bags in 200ml hot water for 8-10 minutes.
- Squeeze tea bags and discard.
- Place wine, cinnamon, sugar, apple, 1tbsp of cumquat zest and the liquid in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Cover the surface with a round piece of baking paper and cook for 30-40 minutes or until the apple is tender.
- Cool in poaching liquid.
- Reserve 1 cup of the poaching liquid.
- Slice the apple thinly.
- Set aside until needed.
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Lightly grease 6 of 150ml metal moulds or ramekins.
- Using an electric mixer beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour and 1 tbsp of the poaching liquid and beat for 5 seconds (mixture may look curdled at this stage).
- Stir in almond meal and mix well.
- Divide mixture among moulds.
- Use the back of spoon to smooth the top of the mixture.
- Gently place apple slices, slightly overlapping and pressing in slightly onto the top of each cake.
- Transfer to an oven tray and bake for 40-50 minutes or until risen and golden.
- Place on a wire rack for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- To make the cumquat glaze, place the reserved poaching liquid, marmalade and cumquat in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for 5-8 minutes or until syrupy.
- Cool slightly.
- Turn out cakes onto serving plates.
- Drizzle with cumquat syrup and dust with icing sugar.
- Serve with Chantilly cream.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2023 Dilmah Recipes| Dilmah Ceylon Tea Company PLC Printed From teainspired.com/dilmah-recipes 27/03/2023
Saved to Favorites
I Made It
You've made it: times