Almond Milk and Berry Sensation Vacherin with a Strawberry Salad
0 made it | 0 reviews
Rhiannon Kae Voros
- Sub Category Name
- Recipe Source Name
The Chefs and the Tea Maker - 2008
IngredientsFIRST DISH COMPONENT
- 1kg whole Butter Milk
- 300ml Almond Milk
- 240ml Sorbet Syrup
- 2 tea bags Dilmah Exceptional Berry Sensation
- 125g Castor Sugar
- 125g Icing Sugar (sieved)
- 125g Egg whites
- 200g fresh Strawberries
- 100g Icing Sugar (sieved)
- 200g Castor Sugar
- 200ml Water
- 75g raw Sugar
- 250g flaked Almonds
- Mint leaves
Methods and DirectionsFIRST DISH COMPONENT
- Combine all ingredients together, blending them well. Churn in an ice cream machine and place in pre-frozen moulds. Leave overnight, so that the sorbet can be cut into desired shapes.
- Brew the tea and stir in with the sieved icing sugar. Using a mixer, whisk the egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Slowly sprinkle in the castor sugar, when all the sugar has been added increase the speed to medium-high until the mixtures form soft peaks (approximately 3-5 minutes). Remove from the machine and gently whisk by hand the tea and icing sugar and then mix into the egg white mixture. Pour the mixture into a piping bag and pipe into a lined tray and bake at 90°C for 10 minutes. The meringues are ready when they can be easily peeled from the lined tray.
- Wash and clean the strawberries. Using a stick blender combine the strawberries with the icing sugar, until smooth. Pass the sauce through a fine strainer. This sauce can be reduced over a low heat to reach the desired thickness.
- Combine sugar and water in a pan and bring to boil, remove from heat and add almonds, strain. Coat the almonds in raw sugar and evenly place them on a covered tray and cook at 160°C, keep tossing them every 3 to 5 minutes until almonds are all lightly toasted and crispy.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2023 Dilmah Recipes| Dilmah Ceylon Tea Company PLC Printed From teainspired.com/dilmah-recipes 27/03/2023
Saved to Favorites
I Made It
You've made it: times