6 Days to Christmas
0 made it | 0 reviews
- Sub Category Name
- Recipe Source Name
Tea Inspired Christmas Challenge
- Festivities Name
IngredientsEarl Grey Eggnog
- 400ml water
- 3 tea bags Dilmah Earl Grey
- 150g sugar
- 100g Pekoe Earl Grey Liqour
- 4 egg yolks
- Pinch of Dilmah Ceylon Silver Tips White Tea
- 1 tbs powdered sugar
- Handful of Iranian peeled pistachios
- 100g chocolate (52.6%)
- Pinch of Dilmah Lapsang Souchong Tea
- 50g peeled almonds
- 50g sugar
- 20g sugar, for rolling
- 15 chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 10 ml water
- 1 tsp Dilmah Rose, Marzipan and Mint Tea
- 4 small pears (Gieser Wildeman)
- 1 litre water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 150g sugar
- 5g Dilmah Ceylon Silver Tips White Tea
Methods and DirectionsEarl Grey Eggnog
- Boil the water and sugar and turn off heat as soon as it boils.
- Cut open one tea bag and add into the water together with the remaining tea bags. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags.
- Add the egg yolks and whip in a double boiler like a sabayon until yolks are cooked.
- Pour through a sieve into a tea glass.
- Mix the sugar with the tea
- Slice the pistachios very thinly with a sharp knife.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Spread the chocolate on a sheet of wax paper and sprinkle with a pinch of Lapsang Souchong Tea.
- Pulse the almonds and sugar in a food processor.
- Form little “tree stems” and roll them through the sugar.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes on 200C.
- Peel the chestnuts.
- Simmer the chestnuts and tea in the butter for a few minutes, deglazing with the water.
- Mix this up in the food processor.
- Boil the water, lemon juice, and sugar.
- Peel the pears (leaving the stem).
- Add pears to the water and cook over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add the tea.
- Refrigerate uncovered overnight.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2023 Dilmah Recipes| Dilmah Ceylon Tea Company PLC Printed From teainspired.com/dilmah-recipes 27/03/2023
Saved to Favorites
I Made It
You've made it: times